Catalin Grigoroscuta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks a lot for the replies, I managed to get qpkg working.
>
> However, it's very interesting that I asked for a way to achieve the
> functionality of a deprecated tool with the current tools.
> Everybody explained to me how to obtain the deprecated tool, yet
> nobody answered to "how to do this with the new tools".
> So, what is the reason for qpkg is deprecated, after all?
>
> Regards,
> Catalin

I wonder the same thing about etcat.  It's gone and I have no clue how
to find out what versions of ppp are available.  The new equery makes no
sense to me.  I have used it a couple times but I can not figure out how
to get it to tell me what all versions are in portage for ppp.  I would
like to try ether a masked version or a older version, if I knew what
they were.

I wonder how long equery will last?  I figure about the time I learn to
use it a bit, it will be gone too.  This has been a bad week.

Dale
:-)