Ryan Viljoen wrote:

>I use Fluxbox but have been experimenting with KDE 3.5. I must say I
>really like it however it is not the complete KDE I emerged all the
>apps that I use and then emerged kdebase so I have the very very basic
>KDE system without all the other rubbish and bloatware that you get.
>KDE detects all my installed software and sorts out the menu and all.
>
>Fluxbox for speed and simplicity and KDE for eyecandy (can lag a bit).
>I despise gnome, I find it to be particularly backwards and I have not
>found a nice looking gnome desktop as of yet compared to soem of the
>KDE and fluxbox desktops around.
>
>Anyway my 2cents.
>
>--
>Ryan Viljoen Bsc(Eng) (Electrical)
>
>"Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."
>  - Mark Twain

I must admit, I tried Fluxbox a long time ago.  Even on this fast rig,
AMD2500+, it was nice and fast.  I just like KDE and all the eye candy.
I have a slide show for my desktop.  Love my ladies.  LOL

That fluxbox sure is fast.  It would be great for a slow rig, 400MHz or
less.  Would make a good light desktop for a noobie on a server since it
is so light.  I like you did not like Gnome at all.  Maybe if I had a
slower rig.  I ran KDE on a 400MHz machine before, bloated Mandrake at
that.  LOL

Each his/her own.

Dale
:-)

I can't believe I just connected and I can send email with Mozilla.  If
my connection would just speed up a bit.  o_O