On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:49:03 -0600, Dale wrote:

> I'm goin gthrough the loop with dbus and hal at the moment.
> First it upgrades then it won't work then it downgrades again and I
> have to keep messing with them until I can get them both to work.  Some
> dev needs a better hammer.  I'm about ready to just type in
> mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom and be done with it.
>
> Is this strange or what??

It's expected. Later versions of HAL and D-BUS are incompatible with
their predecessors. It looks like you may have some software using the
old API and some the new. Adding --tree to the emerge command should tell
you which want each version.

--
Neil Bothwick

Would a fly without wings be called a walk?