KDE and GNOME, from a user perspective, are about identical, except
that KDE has a couple more bells and whistles.

Now, if you're hacking code, it comes down to which windowing API you
want to use.  Of course, the user has the libraries for all of the
popular ones loaded anyway, so, again, it doesn't matter much.

I think that more distributions come with KDE set as the default, so,
probably KDE just based on that, unless Solaris has a much larger user
base than I think that it does.  Sun is moving to (has moved to?)
GNOME, and sent out notices to all of their developers (I developed a
few Solaris apps a couple years ago) saying "jump to gtk+."

Justin

--
Justin W. Hart