On Monday 23 January 2006 02:47, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Since a few days, gthumb doesn't save changed images anymore. When I
> try to save an image as jpeg, it creates a 0 byte file. When I try to
> save a PNG, it does the same and, as a bonus :), it crashes.
>
> A while back, this used to work.
>
> I also tried to recompile gthumb - didn't help... :(
Sounds like some of the dependancies of gthumb may have changed on your
system.

You can figure out the dependencies with ldd
eg; #ldd /sbin/udev
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7dd0000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7f07000)

Are any of the files you get related to packages you updated/downgrades
recently? are they made available in /etc/portage/package.* which might
indicate using unstable builds?

Just some ideas. not to sure otherwise
--
It destroys one's nerves to be amiable every day to the same human being.
                -- Benjamin Disraeli