Hello Robert,

Robert Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 12:38 -0330, Roger Mason wrote:
>> Hello,

[snip]
>> Can anyone suggest what may be wrong?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Roger Mason
>
> It doen't look like you have USB HID turned on in your kernel.
> Here is what I have for the USB portion of my kernel config:
> CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD=y
> CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_OHCI=y
> CONFIG_USB=y
> CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
> CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=m
> CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD=m
> CONFIG_USB_OHCI_LITTLE_ENDIAN=y
> CONFIG_USB_UHCI_HCD=m
> CONFIG_USB_PRINTER=m
> CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=m
> CONFIG_USB_HID=m
> CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y
> CONFIG_USB_WACOM=m
> CONFIG_USB_EGALAX=m
>
> If that doesn't work, maybe try to plug it directly into the computer
> instead of the hub. I've had devices not like being plugged into a hub
> before.
[snip]
> For what it's worth, here is what I have showing up in dmesg when I plug
> my tablet in:
> ohci_hcd 0000:00:02.0: wakeup
> usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 2
> input: Wacom Intuos2 6x8 on usb-0000:00:02.0-1
>
> Robert
>
> --

Thanks for your reply.  After I posted the message I figured out that
HID support was required.  That was not the only problem - it worked
(at least it shows up in /proc/...) only when I added the ohci and
uhci drivers.  My mistake, I got idea that only ehci was needed
because that is what my NEC controlled card uses.

Now to set the appropriate entries in xorg.conf.

Thanks again,

Roger