On 1/26/06, james <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Holly Bostick <motub <at> planet.nl> writes:
>

> > tree shows the dependency/reverse dependency tree of the items to be
> > emerged, so you can see why something being emerged/upgraded as a
> > dependency of something that is currently up-to-date is being emerged
> > (and what the main application is). Example:
>

> Yes, but nothing jumps out to me as being a problem that is
> not already mentioned (php, mod_php, PEAR)

Your problems is:

[nomerge      ] net-analyzer/jffnms-0.8.2  +mysql +postgres +snmp [1]

jffnms is not in the official portage tree, so I assume this is in
your overlay.  If you downloaded the ebuild from bugs.gentoo.org, that
ebuild depends on dev-php/php, dev-php/mod_php, and dev-php/PEAR-PEAR.
 But all current builds of PEAR-PEAR block dev-php/php and
dev-php/mod_php, so you cannot complete your merge.

You need to fix the dependancies in your jffnms ebuild, or get someone
else to do it for you.

-Richard