On Saturday 28 January 2006 02:55, Benno Schulenberg wrote:

> If it is ticking , then set the hardware clock to the correct time
> with 'hwclock --set --date=<thistime>', then throw away the
> /etc/adjtime file.  Throw it away, as it might be the adjusting
> feature that thinks your clock is drifting a full hour per hour
> (that is: ticks away two hours in one).

That was it!!! That was the file causing all the pain. I moved it away and now
there are no problems. Any ideas why it was doing it. The file is obviously
there for some reason but it was not functioning properly. It must be
something that I messed up. How can I find out?

> Do you need the "local" time thing?  If Linux is the only OS on your
> box it's easier to use UTC.

Yes I boot multiple OS so I need "local"

--
Regards,
Abhay