On 19:29 Sat 28 Jan     , fire-eyes wrote:
> fire-eyes wrote:
> > I am having problems with dhcp on my wireless interface. Which is
> > confusing, it worked fine before. It just times out. If I assign
> > everything manually, there are no issues.
> >
> > Some ask if it's because association with the AP is taking too long, but
> > I know it is not that, because I am manually starting wpa_supplicant
> > (which fails in gentoo init scripts for some reason, looks like it's
> > being called wrong). And that takes care of the association.
> >
> > So confused...
>
> Looks like I got it... Further investigation showed that dhcpcd was
> requesting 192.168.1.103 , when it had 1.100 before. I force it to
> request .100 and it immediately worked...
>
> Anyone know what that was all about?

If you are using dnsmasq, note from the man page:

-K, --dhcp-authoritative
              Should  be  set when dnsmasq is definatively the only DHCP server
on a network.  It changes the be- haviour from strict RFC compliance so that
DHCP requests on unknown leases from unknown  hosts  are not  ignored.  This
allows  new  hosts  to get a lease without a tedious timeout under all circum-
stances.

Good luck.

Bill Roberts