On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:56:17 +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:

> Just as a note, there doesn't seem to be a choice in this regard (i.e.,
> you have to add kdewhatever-3.5.1 to package.unmask). If I don't add it
> to package.unmask, I get a halt from Portage because some of the
> dependent packages that [ nomerge ] packages want to emerge are masked.

3.5.0 packages should satisfy any such dependencies. Of course, if both
3.5.0 and 3.5.1 are masked in one way or another, portage's message will
probably refer to the latest version. Putting 3.5.0* package versions in
package.keywords should be sufficient. i've certainly not had anything
demand a 3.5.1 package on three very different (but all ~arch) boxes.

--
Neil Bothwick

Scotty! I've fallen and I can't beam up!!