On Sunday 29 January 2006 10:02, a tiny voice compelled Neil Bothwick to
write:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:30:42 -0500, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> > > What are using to build these kernels?
> >
> >  using the typical change symlink copy over .config, make oldconfig
> > make && make modules_install    cp arch etc.
> > Obviously, I made a typo last upgrade but I can't figure out how to fix
> > it now.
>
> What does " grep VERSION /usr/src/linux/.config" return?

$ grep VERSION /usr/src/linux/.config
CONFIG_LOCALVERSION="2.6.14-r-4_new"

Hmm that seems to be it. It would appear that I have to rebuild the kernel
with appropriate version descriptor. I used my old config and added the
2.6.14-r4-new string when I built that kernel. I guess I'll just live with it
until I build another one. Thanks Neil.

--
Regards, Ernie