On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 21:29 +0100, Remy Blank wrote:
> Has anybody had any luck with x11-drivers/ati-drivers and the latest
> stable kernel gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1?
[snip]
> Then I emerged the latest ~x86 ati-drivers (8.21.7), which seems to work
> at first sight, but hangs when I logout.

I had the display corruption on logout also (happened when I try to
switch to a console or restart xdm too).  After going back and forward
through many version of ati-drivers, it mysteriously disappeared!  I
have been playing around with a lot of kernels and ati-driver versions
to try and get a stable combination that gave decent frame rates.

This is what I ended up with (I'm using ~x86):

suspend2-sources-2.6.15-r4
ati-drivers-8.21.7

I don't have hal :)

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>

An aphorism is never exactly true; it is either a half-truth or
one-and-a-half truths.
                -- Karl Kraus