First off.. OH!

On 30/01/06, Alexander Skwar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
znx wrote:

> No it can't be that, see the "for" before hand, that will separate at
> whitespace by default

No, it won't. Try it.

True, ok so it did? and not now with bash3, I presume this is why it "worked" before and doesn't now?

> (unless you tamper with IFS), so the variable
> tested will be without whitespace,

No, it won't.

See above!

> I can only guess its a charset or
> similar that is causing the issue.

I rather suppose, that he has filenames with spaces.

Absolutely!

> Anyway, good to see that it sorted it, point for the future, quote your
> variables in [ ] 's :)

Of course - ever and always quote variables, unless you can be
totally certain about the contents.

:P

Alexander Skwar

My apologies Alexander, I shall move my head into a bucket now for around 4 days.

Thanks