It takes a lot longer than 8-10 minutes, I don't think their download server is very quick, or something like that. Wait a while and it will actually start working (and if you have it selected in kscreensaver or xscreensaver, you shouldn't need to configure anything).

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Simon Hogg wrote:

On 1/27/06, Bill Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 20:19 Fri 27 Jan     , Ian wrote:
>    Hey everyone
>    I came across this app and and having issues getting it to work.
>    I was told to leave it running so it could do a download. After 8-10
>    minutes, nothing came up. Is there any way I can verify what its
>    doing? Is this what Im supposed to do?

I played with this a couple of years ago. It is a applet for xscreensaver,
I don't recall the detail of configuring it, but it wasn't too difficult.
But it does chew up alot of bandwidth, and the results were less than
spectacular.  I ended up unmerging it.

Good luck

Bill Roberts

IIRC the program you're trying to remember is xscreensaver-demo

HTH,

Simon