On 2/1/06, Franta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> that's me onesmore.
>
> Again the things changed were some emerge -u world.
>
> There are no USB disks coming up anymore. Dunno when this issue came up.
>
> I have a digital camera which I connected to my PC. It came up
> as /dev/sdaX and due to my USB settings as /dev/psmart.
>
> I have an USB key, which came up as /dev/sdaX and due to my USB settings
> as /dev/cruiser.
>
> I did'nt use any of them for half a year or so. Last week I tried to
> save some photos to th PC.

There have been a _lot_ of changes in udev, and most likely your
/etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules needs some work.  The most
significant is that for vendor/product/etc matches, you now need "=="
instead of just "=".  Also, all rules are matched, unless you use the
last_rule option, although you can use the ":=" syntax for some things
to prevent later rules from overriding your settings.

Here are my key rules:

# usb disk keys
BUS=="usb", KERNEL=="sd[a-z][0-9]", SYSFS{product}=="Flash Disk",
NAME="%k", SYMLINK="usbkey%n"
BUS=="usb", SUBSYSTEM=="block", SYSFS{product}=="Flash Disk",
KERNEL=="sd[a-z]", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="usbkey"

-Richard