Hello,

after updating to udev-0.79? my /dev/ttyS0 wasn't working any more, when
I looked in /dev I found it was a link to /dev/tts/0. When I did ls
-l /dev/tts/0 it was a link to /dev/ttyS0, so that was the reason.

I don't know anything about creating nodes in /dev, but with a lot of
luck, I managed to solve the problem by typing:

rm /dev/ttyS0
mknod /dev/ttyS0 c 1 0
reboot

I now could access /dev/ttyS0 again, but I must admit that I didn't know
what I was doing when I created the node.

- Is there bug in the latest udev rules?
- what is the prefered way of solving my problem?

Thanks for any reply.

Kind regards,

Henk.