Nick Rout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> xvidtune knows about all that and reports whats really going on.
>
> xvidtune is part or xorg-x11.
>
> If you have the older style, stable xorg installed you already have
> xvidtune:

Thanks Nick that stopped this sillyness in its tracks.

Egad, once again I get to look rather stupid.   But what started this
whole query was that typing xvidtune at a command line gave the bash
message no such command or something similar.

I'm not sure why that happened ... perhaps a typo in the cmdline.  But
that set me off on this wild goose chase.

Typing xvidtune now starts xvidtune.....