Hello,

I use kde and login from a kde menu gui. Most recently, the system
boots OK and login proceeds to the 'peripherals' stage, then hangs.
I can then ssh into the system, kill off 'xrdb' and the kde-login
launcher complete and everything is find.

ps -aux revels it is xrdb that is the culprit.

eix nor emerge -s reveal that xrdb is installed.

'emerge unmerge xrdb' says that xrdb is not installed.

I'm running the latest stable kde and 2.6.15-gentoo-r2.
In fact booting an older 1.6.15-gentoo kernels does
not fix the problem, so it's definately a kde-login-launcher
problem.

Any fixes or advice?

James