Heinz Sporn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> /etc/hosts:
>>   ------- 8< snip --------
>>   127.0.0.1  localhost       reader
>
> Switch that to: 127.0.0.1 reader localhost
> and you'll be fine.

Hoohaa   yes yes.  That did it.  I can say with assurance though since
I keep nearly all config files under cvs control: That has been just
like posted thru several installs, rebuilds etc and did not cause this
problem before.

I thought that statement was true but I did look at some older
versions from cvs and see that yes, it was just like I posted here.
But sendmail showed the right name in rhside of local messages.

Soooo, I'm wondering if there have been small changes in sendmail
since my last big install that might cause this.. but not interested
enough to track down the exact changes and probably wouldn't
understand what they did anyway.

I'm just happy to have a host name again.  It wasn't actually causing
a problem... mail sending and receiving with sendmail worked.  It just
keep making me think I would have some kind of problem eventually.