On 2/7/06, Darren Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm trying to install squirrelmail on a system that I've already
compiled apache2 with dev-php/php and dev-php/mod_php support.
squirrelmail is complaining about dev-php/php blocking dev-php/php and
dev-php/PEAR dependencies.

I searched around and found a couple of solutions. I tried remerging
dev-php/php with use="pear" but that didn't help. And also adding pear
packages to my /etc/portage/package.keywords... but that didn't help either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

# emerge -p squirrelmail

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[blocks B     ] dev-php/mod_php (is blocking dev-lang/php- 5.0.5-r5)
[blocks B     ] dev-php/php (is blocking dev-lang/php-5.0.5-r5)
[blocks B     ] dev-php/mod_php (is blocking dev-php/PEAR-PEAR-1.4.6-r1)
[blocks B     ] dev-php/php (is blocking dev-php/PEAR-PEAR-1.4.6-r1 )

dev-lang/php is the new consolidated php ebuild, replaces both dev-php/php and dev-php/mod_php. To get CLI php installed, make sure you have the "cli" USE flag set, and to get apache2 support installed, make sure you have the "apache2" USE flag set. Then do the following:

#emerge -pv dev-lang/php

Ignore the blocking messages, just give the USE flags a once-over - there are changes between the dev-php/php ebuild and the dev-lang/php ebuild as far as USE flags are concerned.

Once you have your USE flags set as you need them, do:

#emerge -C php mod_php && emerge dev-lang/php

Then you should be able to emerge squirrelmail just fine.

HTH

-James

 <snip of remainder of post>