On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:01:24 -0500
Ernie Schroder wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 February 2006 15:19, a tiny voice compelled Jorge Martín to
> write:
> > Is Gentoo 2006.0 going to be released anytime soon? I want to install
> > Gentoo on my home computer but I'm too lazy to insall 2005.1.r1 and upgrade
> > all packages so I'm waiting for 2006.0.
>

> Gentoo version numbers are not really very significant. Using the documented
> install instructions, you will install all the latest applications updated
> when you sync your portage tree.
> --
> Regards, Ernie

Very true, but what is useful is the GRP packages that are released with
every release point, enabling an up to date precompiled gentoo with kde
and/or gnome [1] to be up and running within an hour or two. I know
precompiled binaries are not for everyone, but they can be very useful.

[1] and/or XFCE? cannot recall off the top of my head.