Hi Glen,
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 03:19:46PM -0800, glen martin wrote:
> Hello Frederic,
>
> Your pam.d/imap setting is what was originally installed by emerge for
> me. I'd tried different values here while testing to see if something
> else would work (and it didn't), but to be certain I switched this
> setting back, restarted courier services, and then got the same
> non-working result as always.
>
> I don't fully understand your use of saslauthd. Is that instead of
> authdaemond, and why? I should have thought that the authdaemond that
> comes from courier would be a proper fit here.

Oups, I'd changed somethin .. saslauthd is only used by postfix to
authenticate. Courier-imap only use the authdaemond. I remembered the
problem and saw that the solution of mine was the following in
/etc/courtier-imap/imapd :

<snip>
IMAPDSTART=NO
PRERUN=
</snap>

in /etc/courier-imap/pop3d :

<snip>
POP3DSTART=NO
PRERUN=
</snap>

Without this i'm not able to authenticate. In my case this was the only
solution and problem.