On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 19:27 +0100, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> @Ian
> Xvidtune doesn't work for me, it is not only the displacement in all
> directions (mainly horizontally), additionally the picture is not sharp
> in some places.

hmm, strange.

> @All
> Isn't there another solution out there, i have updated my kernel many
> times before and it always works, i think there must be a problem with
> the new kernel. I don't think it is the nvidia driver because i have the
> displacement with v1.0-8178 and the old v1.0-6629.

Is it the nvidia driver or the framebuffer that's different I wonder?

Do you have any working kernels/nvidia driver's still installed?  Boot
to one of them, reset your monitor, then boot to the current
configuration (without resetting the monitor).  Then see if its the
framebuffer in the new kernel that is out of whack, or the new nvidia
driver that is different.

In either case, someone else with more knowledge about such things will
have to help!
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>

I am not a politician and my other habits are also good.
                -- A. Ward