On 2/14/2006 6:32 AM Benno Schulenberg wrote:
Drew Tomlinson wrote:
I've tried both zeroing this file and removing it altogether. Zeroing doesn't work and if I delete it, it never gets recreated.
 I've even tried "touch"ing it but it remains empty.  After
touching it, I chmod it to ntp:ntp but still remains empty.

From 'man ntpd': "... After one hour the frequency file is created and the current frequency offset written to it."

Right. I should have been more clear. Even after 2 hours, there was no file. I suspected file permissions which is I used chown to set the file to ntp:ntp.

Thanks,

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse