Title: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo kixtstart/jumpstart equivalent

On 2/17/06 11:30 PM, "Ghislain Bourgeois" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At my job, I designed a system we call Pullstart that we use to install Gentoo servers. I'm basically building what I call a "stage-4", which is simply a stage3 updated, with the packages we want added to it and a generic kernel built with genkernel. It is made available through a tarball on a web server and I have a simple script generated by web-based configuration utility to install it on the server and configure it for the machine (partitionning, networking, etc...). The only thing you need to run the script is to have a basic linux system running, which you can get with a livecd or a floppy like tomslinux (sorry, I forgot the exact name...). Of course, I have an NDA and the scripts all belong to the company, so I can't make it available, but you can build yourself something similar.

I use something called systemimager that does a pxeboot install.  Kinda a pain to do it with gentoo, as they really, really want redhat or suse, but it can be done.