not only that, but this error has been there for many months, no matter
what version of glibc you use.  It doesnt seem to cause any problems on
my systems, but if the line is erroring off, it means that you are using
MDNS by default (or so it seems), so commenting the line is status quo.

Has there been a specific bug actually raised on this so far - or is
anyone raising a bug on this?  If not I will in an hour or so.

BillK