I'm using ext3

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 2:41 PM
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question

On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:22, "CR Little"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote about '[gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question':
> I'm having a problem with LVM.
>
> I setup a volume group it had 5.91G in Free PE/Size now states 0/0
> I have a logical volume inside that I tried to extend
> It now states 10.91 GB for LV Size. This lv is mounted to /home when I
> ran lvextend -L+5.91G /dev/vg/home it extended the lv but when you run
> df-h it doesn't show an increased size.
>
> /dev/mapper/vg-home   5.0G  1.6G  3.2G  33% /home
>
> Apparently I missed a step and can't find any information on how to
fix
> this. Doesn't it need to know how to format and add the LV extention?

That's an easy one.  But an easy thing to miss, especially if you are
new.

df reports the free space on the /filesystem/
lvextend changes the size of the /block device/

Now that your block device is bigger, you need to extend the filesystem
use that new space.

What filesystem are you using?

Also, in the future, I believe EVMS can do this all with one command and

there is a nice ncurses interface.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This message contains information from SourceLink - Madison
which may be confidential and privileged.  If you are not an
intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this information and note that such
actions are prohibited.  If you have received this transmission
in error, please notify by email [EMAIL PROTECTED]