On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 03:42:38PM +0100, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote

> and what is about kicker?
> it can autohide - and if you have koffice installed, you should have covered
> most of its dependencies.

  I don't have KOffice on this machine; I was using KOffice as an
example of a useful application, as opposed to a fancy desktop.

  kicker seems to have problems on my system, to say the least.  I don't
have the full KDE install, and this is causing problems, even if it
doesn't specifically list the full KDE as a dependency.  When I
right-click on the panel, and select "Configure Panel", it's empty.

  It doesn't autohide.  I can use the arrow to manually hide/unhide.
However, after the 2nd or 3rd time, it crashes X, bringing me back to
the text console.  I've unmerged it, and the packages it pulled in.

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca