Andrew Gaydenko wrote:

> 'digikam' works fine with this digital Canon camera. Also I can insert
> an SD-card into a card-reader and mount it as ordinary flash-card. But
> sometimes it is more handy to mount SD-card directly via camera's USB-port.
> '/var/log/meassages' fragment is below.
>
> Please, point me where to dig in.

I don't want to say wrong things, but that's what I think:

Cameras, especially the ones from Canon speak a specific protocol which
transfers files from the camera to your computer. Because of this you can't
simply mount the card in your camera. It's rather necessary to use a card
reader for this purpose, like you do, or to use gphoto which understands the
camera specific protocol.

Greets,

Rafael