On Friday 24 February 2006 20:14, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Bo Andresen wrote:
> > On Friday 24 February 2006 00:04, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > > Maybe try again, taking extra
> > > care to avoid typos in VIDEO_CARDS="ati"?
> >
> > I did do that. And as stated before it won't compile without the
> > VIDEO_CARDS variable in it's environment. Tried several times
> > with both ati and radeon..
>
> I've emerged the latest version of portage (2.1_pre4-r1), put
> VIDEO_CARDS="ati" in /etc/make.conf, have no "video_cards_..." set
> in the USE flags, and have emerged x11-drm.  It does produce a
> radeon module (and a drm.ko, r128.ko, and mach64.ko besides).

I was very sure that I had tested this twice with VIDEO_CARDS="ati". Both
times the ati flag didn't get enabled i.e. emerge -vp x11-drm showed:

[ebuild   R   ] x11-base/x11-drm-20051223  VIDEO_CARDS="-ati -i810 -mga -nv
-savage -sis -tdfx -via" 0 kB

This of course didn't result in the radeon driver being built. It seems,
however, that my memory must be failing (can't find any other explanation)
since when I remove the use flag now and set VIDEO_CARDS="ati" the flag does
get enabled and the radeon module built. I really don't understand this - was
so sure...

So obviously there is no bug other than me.. ;)

> What version of portage are you using that this isn't working for
> you?

I have been using portage 2.1_pre4-r1 all along. Having portage sending mails
to me is invaluable. :)

--
Bo Andresen