Bo Andresen wrote:
I decided I wanted to remove the ipv6 use flag which I have had enabled in make.conf for quite a while but never really been on a ipv6 network and don't suspect I will in the near future. When upgrading firefox I noted it has that use flag and decided I want to know what it actually does. Only, I cannot find it anywhere in the ebuilds! So where does it come from and what *exactly* does it do?

Looks like you've already been answered. However when the ipv6 flag first hit the scene about two years ago it seemed to cause a number of weird problems so I disabled it on most machines. I'm not sure if that's the case today, but as always you're better off disabling something if you're not using it.

kashani