On 14:42 Tue 28 Feb     , Zac Slade wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 February 2006 10:19, Daniel da Veiga wrote:
> > I once had the same problem, solved it using ESD (well, not the best
> > solution, but it works), so, at my startup script I have "esd &" and
> > flash anims have sound...
> It's not only the best solution it is the only solution.  Flash uses esd for
> sound.  You can start it everytime you start your web browser or you can add
> esound to your default run level.

eh? I have sound with flash and I don't have esd installed.

I don't have proper hardware mixing though, so when I want to hear
sound with flash I usually have to restart firefox or it doesn't work.

Presumably this is fixable, and is due to flash using oss rather than
alsa, but I haven't really tried.

On a computer with a soundcard that does do hardware mixing (and without
esd installed) I could get sound with flash whilst other things were
playing sound though.

Dave