Solved.  http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_DRI_with_ATi_Open-Source_Drivers

On 3/1/06, Ibai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Unfortunatelly, and new to this mailing list and have received only 300 posts more or less.

Well, I'm back with fresh info in few minutes.

On 3/1/06, Bo Andresen < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 01 March 2006 11:33, Izar Ilun wrote:
> Well, I've already posted this
> here<http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-438630.html>but as I get no
> answers I ask you for desperated help.
>
> Consider that I want/need to use Kernel's free ATI drivers and nothing
> more, is it possible to get direct rendering that way?  How can I do it?
>
> Any idea little idea will be very appreciated. Thanx in advance!
>
> P.D: If you need more info, ask for it please! ;-)

Could you post output of:

# lsmod | grep 'drm\|agp\|rad'

# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep MTRR

# lspci | grep -i radeon

You should be able to find som info about the problem in the log
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log too. Perhaps y could post what you think is relevant.
Also I should mention that there have been several threads on this on this
mailing list.

--
Bo Andresen