On 3/1/06, Uwe Klosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You don't have to mount it for the use with vmware. Update your vmx file with
> the following:
>
> ide1:0.fileName = "changeme.iso"
> ide1:0.deviceType = "cdrom-image"
>
> Cheers
> Uwe
>
> Nick Smith wrote:
> > does anyone know how to make a virtual cdrom in linux? kinda like
> > daemon tools for windows? i have my iso mounted as /mnt/iso but vmware
> > keeps complaining that i cant use a directory as an iso.  i know
> > vmware can use iso's as cdroms, but in this instance i cant use
> > vmware, i have to mount it some other way and just tell vmware its a
> > cdrom drive.  any suggestions?
> >
> > TIA
> > Nick

wouldnt that be the same as just telling vmware in the software itself
to use the that iso image? i cant use vmware's virtual cdrom for this
project, it gives me errors on boot, i need to find a way to have it
mounted some other way like daemontools for windows.  i have tried
just mounting the iso as a cdrom in folder /media/cdrom and other
places, but vmware complains that you cant use a folder like that. so
im kinda out of ideas.  can it even be done?

Nick