Hi,

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:49:49 +0100 Bo Andresen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I wish to be able to run a program (eix-sync/diff-eix) in cron that
> prints colors (with use of --force-color) and then send that colored
> output as a mail. In order to get colors in a mail a have to use
> html. If there exist a program that is capable of converting escape
> sequences used for formatting and coloring an xterm to html I would
> love to know about it.

I'd say, the Perl module HTML::FromANSI should do what you want
(available from cpan). It brings a script, ansi2html, that provides
access from the command line. Note that you might have to play with the
TERM environment variable.

-hwh