On Thursday 02 March 2006 08:08 Jason Weisberger was like:
> First off, I'm fairly certain that this application doesn't use OpenGL, so
> that will not be of any concern, however it seems that if you have an ATI
> card, you'd want to use the proprietary drivers from the ATI website to
> increase your performance.  This would increase your 2D performance as
> well.  I haven't heard about any specific slowness related to ATI cards
> running 2D applications, so it might be a bug in Wine itself.  Please visit
> the WineHQ.org website and submit a bugzilla report to see what they can
> come up with.  Even if they don't know right away, the problem is noted and
> they can work on it in the future.

I am actually using the ati driver. Overall it has been an improvement on the
x.org radeon driver, but, as Holly said, it still sucks a lot of the time.
The x.org driver may be slow and hopeless at 3D, but it is reliable in other
ways.

I may try messing about with my x.org versions again. It worked before when
another wine application was playing up in a similar way. That was what
prompted me to upgrade to my current version.

Robert
--
Robert Persson

Conspiracy Bears:
Once upon a time there were lots of conspiracy bears...