On Friday 03 March 2006 02:35, Robert Persson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote about '[gentoo-user] nfs sharing: same user name, but different user
id.':
> Is there any facility within nfs to map users to other userids (beyond
> that needed for root-squashing)?

There's all_squash, along with a way to choose what numeric id users are
squashed to.

Also, I believe there's idmapd which should be able to do an arbitrary
mapping.

> Or failing that, is there a way to change the user ids on one of the
> machines without making a big mess?

Go down to single-user mode and change owners at the same time you
edit /etc/passwd and you should be fine, I think.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest