Harry Putnam wrote:
> Masood Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> [...]
> Thanks Masood, for the pointers.. I have a question about your sig.
>
> (....)
>
> Do you get that info from a single command or several?

The answer is several,
for kernel version i did 'uname -r'
for gcc-version i did 'gcc -v'
for processor i did 'cat /proc/cpuinfo'
for ram 'free -t'
for CFLAGS 'cat /etc/make.conf | grep CFLAGS'
for CXXFLAGS 'cat /etc/make.conf | grep CXXFLAGS'

I think this is not what you expected. I dont have enough sed and grep
knowledge to automate the process, but i'm learning it. I'd like to
write a script that would output only the required contents from the
output of the commands above.

Got any idea's anyone?

--
Linux Kernel  : 2.6.15-gentoo-r7
GCC version   : 4.0.2 (Gentoo 4.0.2-r3, pie-8.7.8)