hi there

im having some slow boots after i upgraded my kernel from 2.6.12, before, all the boot process to the login took about 25-30secs, but i have tried the gentoo sources 2.6.15 and the suspend2 sources  2.6.14 and 2.6.15 (currently using this one for the hibernate feature) with the same bad results, it tooks like 50-60 secs just to get over the initial boot process, after that it goes smooth loading the modules and services that tooks like 8-10 more seconds, boosting the overall time at 70secs, just too much

i notice that the boot stops some second on things like iptables and ip_contrack, but my question is why that doesnt happen on my old kernel 2.6.12? and what can i do about it?

my machine is an inspiron 6000 laptop