On Monday 06 March 2006 00:10, Masood Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] antivirus':
> I dont think linux can get infected by windows viruses.

Yes, but files accessible from a windows box, but stored on a linux box can
become carriers.  If they aren't cleaned, they could infect the next (or
the same) windows bow that asks for them.

In any case, having anti-virus is better than not as long as it doesn't get
in your way or hog the CPU.

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest