On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 18:06 -0600, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> I've recently gotten interested in using tc to manage my upstream
> bandwidth.  Is there a gentoo package that provides an init script to
> start tc rules ala iptables-save/restore?
>
> Also, if anyone knows of a good front-end to tc, it would be nice to try
> out, esp. now that I'm comfortable messing with it from the command-line.
>
> I don't require ingress or IMQ support, just standard egress.
If you're using shorewall for iptables, you can configure tc through it.
If this is a ppp connection you can put it in /etc/ppp/ip-up.local. I
have this line in ip-up.local for very basic traffic control:

/sbin/tc qdisc add dev ppp0 root tbf rate 85kbit latency 50ms burst 1540

so every time the connection starts it limits the queue sent to the
modem.

Bye
--
Haim