Thanks for the replies guys. I like porthole. I redownloaded the iso [the
size was just was just wrong] butnd the cd, rebooted. Everything seemed
good as the systom loaded and the icons ticked off then just as Gnome
should have appered the monitor said "no video signal" and went into
powersaver mode. I guess Gentoo isn't quite upto the hardware detection
yet. BTW it's an Emachines flat pannel w/ a diamond stealth P90 nvida fx
5200 chip.
Alvin

For the best jerky you've ever had go to
http://alk.jerkydirect.com/
My home page
http://ka9qlq.tripod.com
This PC is windows free with Mepis Linux 3.4-3
http://www.mepis.org/
1(747)632-4973 SIP
Get Gizmo 1 cent per minuet calling
http://www.gizmoproject.com/