Didn't see the root account message. Not sure how you would resolve that
one (could experiment with the permissions on the directory - try 750 or
700), but I think if you're worried about security, it's never a wise
idea to log in to an X session as root. Is there some particular reason
that you have to do this (presumably regularly) instead of using su or
sudo to access root privileges from a non-privileged account?

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 18:24 +0530, c.s.prakash wrote:
> hai,
>
>    it worked for me, but since it a root's directory i dont any one to
> view the content on the folder.
>
> is there any other way to solve the problen.
>

> On 3/8/06, Tom Haddon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         I had the same problem on Ubuntu. Just issue chmod
>         755 /home/<username>.
>         This isn't recursive and doesn't mean everyone can execute
>         anything in
>         your home directory - the execute bit only means traverse in
>         reference
>         to directories, so you should be okay.
>
>         Thanks, Tom
>
>         On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 14:14 +0530, c.s.prakash wrote:
>         > hai
>         >
>         > when i login to root account thru gnome it shows an error
>         massage
>         > ".dmrc file permission erro
>         > it should be 644 and owned by the user"
>         >
>         > but when i login to other accounts it does not show the
>         error
>         > and while login to IceWM as root.
>         >
>         > i saw the file permission its also correct. how can solve
>         this
>         >
>         > --
>         > C.S.Prakash
>
>         Tom Haddon
>         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>         Don't tell any big lies today.  Small ones can be just as
>         effective.

> --
> C.S.Prakash

Tom Haddon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The smallest worm will turn being trodden on.
                -- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"