neil wrote:
> Jarry wrote:
>
>> I got viruses many times.
>
> Over the past 20-odd years, I have had machines running many versions
> of DOS, all versions of Windows since Windows 286, all versions of
> OS/2 since 1.3 and several distributions of Linux. I have never, ever
> seen a virus. I have to wonder what you are doing to be so "unfortunate".

If your 'doze boxes have been always been firewalled - ok, that explains
that.

Otherwise I'd be very surprised - try installing XP and connecting to
the t'internet to get all the updates, you'll be lucky to last 5 minutes
with an internet accessible IP :)

My Linux boxes are frequently bombarded by Viruses (even ones that are
years old - SQL Slammer, Blaster etc)

--
Tim Igoe
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"