On Friday 10 Mar 2006 14:42, Harry Putnam wrote:
snip

> I don't really understand the relationship between what you call a
> server and the actual disks.  How is it different from just having the
> disks on an USB port?
The external USB discs have a USB connector that plugs into the Linksys
network storage box, that in turn is connected to my network switch as are my
linux and my windows boxes.
I will disconnect one of the drives and connected it to my linux box's USB
port and see if I can glean any more information.

snip

> I suggest you take this question in as succinct a format as you can to
> the rsync list.  I suspect some of the experts there will recognize
> this right off the bat.  It can be accessed thru gmane.
Thanks, I will post a question and let you know the answer.

Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux