060312 Marco Calviani wrote:
> At the root of my question there was the need to understand
> why kde 3.5.1 packages are still testing
> even if there aren't critical bugs at bugs.gentoo.org

My experience is that the Gentoo KDE devs are rather conservative
& tend to leave versions in 'testing' a bit longer than necessary.
I've been using 3.5.1 for about 2 weeks without any problems
& before that 3.5.0 from the beginning of January ditto.
I trust KDE not to release a version with serious bugs,
but otherwise do avoid 'testing' versions of critical packages, eg Portage:
not long ago, there was a serious bug in the 'testing' Bash 3.0 ,
which was quickly fixed, but caused a few people real trouble.
While KDE is my usual desktop manager, it isn't critical to my system,
as I have Fluxbox installed too & could switch to that in an emergency.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]