Anyone knows a way to pass an environment variable to a openssh command?
I doubt there is a way, but who knows...
I want something like this:
myvar="whatever" ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] ./bin/mycommand $myvar
This would execute a command with argument "whatever". The problem is that I
want to authenticate via a cryptographic key allowing only this command,
i.e., the file ~/.ssh/authorized_keys of myuser at remotebox has a line
command="~/bin/mycommand $myvar" <public-key>
This does not work, because remotebox doesn't know about $myvar. Of
course, if I could pass a variable to remotebox, the line might be just
command="~/bin/mycommand" <public-key>
and the ssh command would be
myvar="whatever" ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED] ./bin/mycommand
(the program itself would use the value of $myvar)

Any idea?

--
Jorge Almeida