On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 09:18 +0100, Rik van de Bovenkamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In kernel config (at least in 2.6.15) there is an option to support the
> Philips SAA7115. That's the point where you get you're first error message.
> I only got the ivtv driver to work ok in 2.6.15 after enabling the SAA7115
> support. (I do not have my linux box at hand now so I cannot exactly tell you
> were the option is in the kernel config but it is somewhere like Device
> drivers > multimedia shit > v4L > extra or additonell drivers or so. There
> you have to options and when you choose for help (in make menuconfig) you
> will see the supp. For SAA7115 mentioned).
> If you cannot find let me know I'll take a look tonight.
>
> Sorry, when I mentioned XX.XXX in the ivtv command I meant : replace this by
> an actual frequency where there is a tv station.
>
> Bye
>
> Rik

I made the modifications to the kernel you suggested (I couldn't find
SAA7115, so I added support for everything else in Device
Drivers->Multimedia->V4L that wasn't marked experimental), rebooted with
the new kernel and it all seems to be working right.  Thanks for your
help.  I'll let you know if I have any more problems with it...