On 3/15/06, Kevin O'Gorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > quickpkg /var/db/pkg/*/*
>

>  Where do they go when you do that?  How do you use them later?

They go into your PKGDIR directory (normally /usr/portage/packages).

To use them later, specify the --usepkg/--usepkgonly options to
emerge.  For example, I currently have portage-2.1_pre3-r1 through
portage-2.1_pre6-r2 packages.  If I have a problem with pre6-r2, and
want to quickly downgrade, I can do something like:

emerge --oneshot --usepkgonly =sys-apps/portage-2.1_pre5-r4

This is really useful for large packages that take a long time to
compile, like X, KDE, or openoffice.org.

-Richard