On 15/03/06, Tito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to add more than one virtual host in my vhost.conf file.  I
> added and 01 and an 02 entry in the vhost.d directory.  Once I add those
> am I supposed to removed 00 entry which is the default from the
> httpd.conf file?  I tried both ways but it was still not working.  What
> is the proper way to bind the ip address for the different vhosts
> (<VirtualHost ????>)?  I need to know this so that I can set it properly
> for each vhost file for 00, 01, and 02.

In my httpd.conf file, I have only:

Include /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/*.conf

and I DO still have (and want) my 00_default_vhost.conf file in
vhosts.d/. It is possible to put all your domains in a single
*vhost.conf file, but I split mine into a separate file for each. Not
sure of the Gentoo convention, but I prefer separate files.

Is this name-based virtual hosts?  If so, you need
<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName domainname.com
     DocumentRoot "/var/www/domain.com/htdocs" #optional but
recommended convention
     #rest of config
</VirtualHost>

If it's IP-based, replace * with the IP address.  I THINK that the
ServerName attribute is only necessary for multiple domains on the
same IP (which can also be the case on a box with multiple IP
addresses, of course).

Cheers,
Mickey